WHAT IS AN ESTA?
The ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) is an online application process developed by the American Government to screen travelers before they enter the United States of America.
The ESTA means there is no need for people to visit an American diplomatic office to submit an application. You can submit applications directly through this web site by clicking on the Apply for ESTA button and, in most cases, your ESTA will be approved within 24 hours. Please allow at least 72 hours for the processing of the ESTA.
When an application for an ESTA is submitted through this site, all you need to do is enter your passport details and your credit card or PayPal information. Approved applications are electronically recorded on American Government systems.
When you arrive at an airport for check-in on a flight to the USA, the airline check-in staff can electronically confirm that you have authority to board the flight to America.
Please note an approved ESTA is not a visa. The ESTA provides people from Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries with authorisation to enter the USA. An approved ESTA Travel Authorisation does not guarantee entry in to the USA. Upon arrival to the USA, people will be assessed by American Customs and Border Protection to determine if a visa will be granted.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR AN ESTA?
You are only eligible to apply for an ESTA while you are outside of the USA. To apply through this site, you must also hold one of the listed ESTA-eligible passports.
The conditions on an ESTA are:
- The ESTA is valid for 24 months from date of approval (or to the expiry date of your passport - if the passport expires within the next 24 months);
- The ESTA is a multiple entry visa with each visit being a maximum of 90 days;
- The ESTA 90 day visit limit does not start until your arrive in the USA;
- The holder of an ESTA is entitled to undertake tourism and certain business activities such as exploring job opportunities, consult with business associates, travel for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention or conference; and
- The holder of an ESTA is not permitted to engage in any work, study or training.
COST OF THE ESTA SERVICE
All successful applications processed through this site are subject to a Service Charge of US$69 (Currency Converter: AU$ / UK£ / EU€ / Other Currencies). Payment is by credit card or Paypal only. The cards accepted by this site are American Express, MasterCard and Visa. This fee includes the American Government fee (US$14).
Please note if your ESTA application is not approved you will be provided with information on how to contact the nearest USA Embassy and you will be provided with a refund for the affected ESTA application.
Please note that if you do not respond to any requests we submit for further details, your ESTA application will not be processed and your payment will not be refunded.
Payment for the ESTA service charge is to recover the costs associated with providing this service. Regardless of whether you decide later that you no longer need to visit the USA the service charge has been incurred and is not refundable.